- Feed has no items.
- Zverev knocks out Dimitrov for French Open quarterfinal spot on June 5, 2023 at 10:13 pm
An aggressive Alexander Zverev punched his ticket into the French Open quarterfinals with a 6-1, 6-4, 6-3 win over Bulgarian 28th seed Grigor Dimitrov on Monday to raise hopes that his barren Grand Slam run could finally end.
- Messi halts talks with Al-Hilal as Barca move looks imminent: report on June 5, 2023 at 9:44 pm
World Cup winner Lionel Messi’s entourage has reportedly halted talks with Saudi Pro League club Al-Hilal as the Argentine looks set to rejoin Barcelona soon.
- Champions League final won’t define career: De Bruyne on June 5, 2023 at 9:31 pm
Kevin de Bruyne’s legacy will not be defined by the outcome of Saturday’s Champions League final, the midfielder said ahead of Manchester City’s showdown against Serie A side Inter Milan in Istanbul.
- Brazil and Spain to play friendly in anti-racism campaign on June 5, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Brazil will play a friendly against Spain next March as part of an anti-racism campaign under the slogan ‘One skin’, both countries’ football federations announced on Monday.
- Seven players to leave relegated Leicester City on June 5, 2023 at 9:12 pm
Seven players will leave Leicester City when their contracts expire in June, officials from the club who were relegated from the Premier League said on Monday.
- Rohingyas should not be forced to return: UN on June 5, 2023 at 6:57 pm
The Rohingyas wishing to return to Myanmar should have access to clear, factual information to be able to make free and informed decisions, and under no condition should be forced to return, said UN Deputy High Commissioner for Refugees, Kelly T Clements
- HC orders status quo on earth-filling, construction on Gendaria pond on June 5, 2023 at 6:54 pm
The High Court yesterday directed the authorities concerned to maintain status quo for three months on earth-filling and construction of structures in a hundred-years old pond at Gendaria in Dhaka
- Payra Plant’s Temporary Closure: Govt counting on power plants under trial run on June 5, 2023 at 6:00 pm
With the country’s biggest power producer, Payra Power Plant, temporarily closing yesterday, the government is now looking at plants that are doing dry runs to ease load shedding.
- Two siblings die after pest control cleans home on June 5, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Two siblings died allegedly from pesticide poisoning after a cleaning service provider used pest control chemicals in their house in Dhaka’s Bashundhara Residential Area.
- Human Rights: Dhaka to clear its stance to the six US congressmen on June 5, 2023 at 6:00 pm
To clear Bangladesh’s position on human rights and elections, Dhaka will communicate with six US congressmen, who recently wrote to President Joe Biden, said State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam.