What is Java Programming?
Java is an object-oriented programming language which was java was released by Sun Microsystems in 1995.
Later Oracle took over Sun Microsystems and now manage the release and support of Java programming language.
Java applications support the Write-Once-Run-Everywhere paradigm. That means you can develop and compile a java program in one system and then run the compiled code in any other type of operating system.
For example, we can write and compile a java application in Windows and then run it on Linux and Mac OS systems without any problem.
Currently more than 3 billion devices uses java programs and still it is the most preferred language for programming server and enterprise applications.
What are the core components of Java Programming?
The three core components of Java are:
- JDK: Java development kit is the core component of java which provide all the tools required to debug, compile and execute java program.
- JVM: Java virtual machine is platform independent, core java functions like memory management, garbage collection, security etc are provided by JVM.
- JRE: Java runtime environment provides a platform to execute java programs.
What are the benefits of java programming?
- Java is free and open source.
- There are more than 3 billion devices on which java is running.
- Java allows to create concurrent applications.
- We can create almost any kind of application in java.
- There are lots of frameworks developed on java. Most of the frameworks are free and open source.
- It is useful in creating applications that uses latest technologies.
History of java Programming
Java was developed by James Gosling. It was first released in 1995. Java 13 is the latest version of java.
According to Stack Overflow Developer Survey, java’s popularity is almost similar to that of python, it is still preferred programming language for backend applications.
There are a lot of certified courses for java in Kerala available where we can master our skills to become industrial fit.